Tiffany N. KeysŐ Assignment 5:
GSP Script Tools
WRITE UP: The write-up for this assignment is to create a file on your home page with links to various GSP script tools you have produced. I anticipate that some of the following list will be included, but that you will also add items to the list as the quarter progresses. The write-up will be a library of GSP files with script tools..
The creation of a personal library of GSP script tools for doing constructions you might use several times is an efficient way to organize and store your work. As we have observed students working on problems in our classes, we have been surprised by the number of times we have seen someone repeat a complete construction. Using a script tool, for example, to construct the circumcircle 4 times makes more sense than repeating the construction 4 times from scratch on the same figure.
GSP Script Tool
8. Orthocenter, Mid-segment triangle
10. Pedal triangle
14. Equilateral triangle, given a side
15. Square, given a side
16. Isosceles triangle, given base and altitude
17. Triangle Centers (H, G, C, and I)
19. Locus of vertex of a fixed angle that subtends a fixed segment.
20. Divide a segment AB into two parts that form a Golden Ratio.
21. Pentagon, given a side.
22. Pentagon, given a radius.
23. Hexagon, given a side.
24. Octagon, given a side.