GSP Construction Tools
I have to say that I am enjoying using
Geometer's Sketchpad to do constructions. Over the course of this
first semester in geometry and in this class, I have had a chance
to do a bunch of cool constructions and explorations using GSP.
Some of these constructions are really involved and took me a
long time to get to work correctly. Others are pretty simple to
understand and easy to replicate. Either way, it is always better
to work smarter than harder. With that in mind, here is a GSP
file with the following list of construction
tools available on it.
7. Medial triangle
8. Orthocenter, Mid-segment triangle.
9. Orthic triangle
10. Pedal triangle
11. Center of Nine point circle
12. Nine Point Circle
13. Trisecting a line segment
14. Equilateral triangle, given a side
15. Square, given a side
16. Isosceles triangle, given base and
17. Triangle Centers (H, G, C, and I)
18. Triangle Centers with Euler Line
19. Divide a segment AB into two parts
that form a golden ratio.
20. Pentagon, given a side.
21. Hexagon, given a side.
22. Octagon, given a side.
Keep in mind that this list will evolve
as I learn and do more cool stuff. So, check back periodically
to get some more excellent construction tools.