Send me an e-mail at:
BJ_Jackson@gwinnett.k12.ga.us (During the school year)
For Students of Mr. Jackson. Click on the links below to find your homework assignment and the weekly bonus assignment.
Bonus Assignment Page
BJ's Brief Biography
Some links I like.
The Department of Mathematics Education
MacTutor History of Mathematics Site -- St. Andrew's University
Math Forum (alias Geometry Forum)
Furman University Mathematical Quotation Server
A Place to make some Mathworksheets(for free)
A Website for the classes that I teach
A link to Berkmar's 2002-2003 Volleyball Schedule
Write-up #1: Graphing Functions and Relations
Write-up #2 : Explorations with Second Degree Equations
Write-up #3: A fresh look at quadratic equations
Write-up#4: Centers of Triangles
Write-up#5: Making and Using Scripts
Write-up#7: Tangent Circles
Write-up#8: Altitudes and Orthocenters
Write-up#9: Pedal Triangles
Write-up#10: Parametric Equations
Write-up#11: Polar Equations
Write-up#12: Mathematics Problems and Explorations with Spreadsheets
Misc. Write-up: Some relationships between a given Triangle and its Medial Triangle
Return to EMAT 6680 Page
1. 10-Day Lesson: Click here to link to the daily lessons for Chapter 5.
2. Mathematics in the workplace: The Encology Office. A discussion of how mathematics is used by everyone that works in an encology office.
3. The Theorem of the Broken Chord. A proof of the theorem and some extentions of it. Click here.
4. The Revolutions of a Circle. A look at the number of revolutions it takes one circle to travel around the circumference of a given circle. Click here.
5. Napolean's Triangle. A proof of Napolean's Triangle. Click here.
6. Missing Block. Click here.
A Supplement designed to incorporate technology into Tech Math I. A course that it taken by freshmen in the school system that I teach in. It will use technology to help explain topics and as an assignment extention. Click here to go to the supplement.
Click here to link to my assignments for this class.
These are lessons and explorations to supplement the Algebra II class that I teach at Berkmar High School in Gwinnett County. Topics include: Solving systems of equations graphically, linear programming, parametric equations, solving quadratic inequalities, conics, polynomials, and some graphs. Click here to go to the main page.