This activity discusses how only certain numbers
can produce proper rectangles.
Students use paper and pencil.
Using Microsoft Word, students
press CAPS button and use capital O. Using numbers 1-25, students
should reproduce several rectangular numbers accurately on the
computer. There may be more than one way for 1 number.
1. Determine how numbers below 8 behave?
2. Find which numbers have the highest ways to make rectangles
3. Can a "cast-iron" rule be produced?
4. Is there any way to describe numbers that can not be rectangularized?
5. Use other word-processintg features (bold,
Return to Elissa's Web Page