1. If the legs of an isosceles right triangle are 6 units long,
find the length of the
2. Eva Lewis wants to put an underground sprinkler system in her back yard. A drawing of the
system is shown below. About how many feet of water pipe will
3. Jackson is 54 miles from Lazy R Resort. Ontario is 31 miles south of Jackson. A land
developer proposes building a shortcut road to directly connect Ontario and Lazy R. Draw a
picture and find the length of this new road.
4. A television screen measures approximately 15.5 in. high and 19.5 in. wide. A television is
advertised by giving the approximate length of the diagonal of its screen. How should this
television be advertised?
5. A 6-ft ladder is placed against a wall with its base 2 ft from the wall. How high above the ground is the top of the ladder?
return to lesson plan