- UGA library
- Email -
The email server for UGA College of Education.
College of Education
Forum A great set of resources
for mathematics education.
- JRME Journal of Reasearch in Mathematics Education, a publication of NCTM.
- NCTM National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Cut-the-Knot A resource
that would help to learn, if not math itself, then, at least,
ways to appreciate its beauty.
- Multiples in Pascal's Triangle A java
applet that colors the multiples of
a chosen natural number.
- Lesson Plans These
lessons are designed to give middle school teachers a script
to follow when using the activities and discussions developed
for Project Interactivate.
Information on Grants
- Resource Guide to Federal Funding
For Technology in Education Provides links to various Federal agencies and their funding programs
- The 21st Century Teachers
Network The 21st Century Teachers Network (21CT) is a nationwide, non-profit initiative of the McGuffey Project, dedicated to assisting k-12 teachers learn, use and effectively integrate technology in the curriculum for improved student learning. 21CT seeks to empower teacher leaders by connecting them with people and resources that will assist in the creation of teacher-driven professional development programs.
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
Adolescent and School Health School health programs have the potential to be one of the most efficient means available to improve the health and education of nations. One of the most critical resources required to develop such programs is funding. Sources of funds to support school health programs are numerous, and the sources of funds themselves, as well as the procedures required to obtain the funds, change substantially each year.
- Intel in the Classroom and the Community We see technology as a valuable tool in the education process. In order to maximize its potential, Intel provides
extensive equipment donations, along with professional development for teachers and instructors.
Chaos Theory and Fractals
- Fractals - A short
description of fractals. Includes links for more information
- Fractals - A Fractals Unit for Elementary and Middle School
Students. So this fractals site is for kids, to help them understand
what the weird pictures are all about - that it's math - and
that it's fun!
- Sprott's Fractal Gallery
- Mostly pictures with no discussion of the mathematics behind
- Introduction to Fractals
- This lesson is designed to get students to think about several
of the concepts from fractals, including recursion and self similarity.
The mathematical concepts of line segments, perimeter, area and
infinity are used, and skill at pattern recognition is practiced.
Web Page Development
- Principles - This page
lists several principles of good web page design..
Return to John's