1. To become familiar with and operational
with using technology tools in doing mathematics.
2. To solve mathematics problems using application software.
3. To create mathematics demonstrations using application software.
4. To construct new ideas of mathematics for yourself using application software.
5. To engage in mathematical investigations using software applications.
6. To engage in some independent investigations of mathematics topics from the elementary school curriculum or appropriate for that level.
7. To communicate mathematics ideas that arise from mathematics applications on the computer.
8. To communicate mathematics ideas using various techology tools.
9. To facilitate mathematics investigations and communication about mathematics investigations using general tools such as word processing, paint and draw programs, spreadsheets, and the Internet.
Dec. 5 (TUE) Departure from Georgia, USA.
Dec. 6 (WED) Arrival in Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Dec. 7 (THU) 1400 - 1600 Visit to National Sun Yat-sen University
Dec. 7 (THU) 1820~1955 2 Reception
Dec. 8 (FRI) 1820~2135 4 Class for graduate students
Material from Assignments 1 - 4
Dec. 9 (SAT) 1330~1730 4 *
Dec.10 (SUN) 1330~1730 4 *
Dec. 11 (MON) 1330~1730 4 *
Dec. 12 (TUE) 1330~1730 4 **
Dec. 13 (WED) 1330~1730 4 ***
Dec. 14 (THU) Visit to National University of Tainan
Dec. 14 (THU) 1820~2135 4 Class for graduate students
Material from Assignments 5 - 8
Dec. 15 (FRI) 1820~2135 4 Class for graduate students
Material from Assignments 9 - 12
Dec. 16 (SAT) 1330~1730 4 **
Dec. 17 (SUN) 1330~1730 4 **
Dec. 18 (MON) 1540~1730 2 1. Speech to graduate students:
Taking Some Mystery Out of the Nine Point Circle with GSP
Dec. 19 (TUE) Leave for Georgia
* Discussing and consulting with NPUE faculty
concerning individual projects and manuscripts (appointments are
** Field trip to Non-Traditional Educational Institute or upon arrangements.
*** Open to the Interested Personnel