1. A 16 foot ladder is leaning against a house. It touches the bottom of a window that is 12 feet 6 inches above the ground. What is the measure of the angle that the ladder forms with the ground? Round to the nearest 10th of a degree.
2. A science class is doing an experiment using pulleys to raise a pole. Some students say that the pole will stand at a right angle to the ground when the length of the rope between the pulley and the top of the pole is 17ft.
a. What theorem could you use to answer this
b. were they correct in saying the pole would be at right angles with the ground?
3. Kaila is flying a kite whose string is making a angle with the ground. The kite string is 65 meters long. How far is the kite above the ground?
4. The Brook's are installing a wide-screen television with a 60-inch diagonal. Their entertainment center is 48 inches wide by 36 inches high, will the television fit in their current entertainment center?
5. A surveyor is 100 meters from the base of a dam. The angle of elevation to the top of the dam measures . The surveyor's eye-level is 1.73 meters above the ground. Find the height of the dam to the nearest hundredth of a meter.