The purpose of this group of explanations, explorations, and assignments for my students is to use technology as a tool for better understanding of mathematical ideas. The graphs in these pages will be made in graphing calculator, but we will discuss what students need to do in order to make these graphs on there hand-held calculator.
The assignments will be in the same chronological order as they are studied during the course of the school year and will reference the corresponding section of the book.
Click on the title of each assignment below to explore that topic.
1. Solving Equations Graphically by finding the zero. Section 1.6
2. Transformations. Section 2.7
3. Solving Systems of Equations Graphically. Section 3.1
4. Solving Systems of Linear Inequalities. Section 3.4
5. Linear Programming. Section 3.5
6. Parametric Equations. Section 3.6
7. Solving Quadratic Equations by finding the zeros. Section 5.2
8. Exponential Functions. Sections 6.1 and 6.2
9. Logarithmic Funtions. Sections 6.3 to 6.6
10. Graphing Polynomials. Chapter 7
11. Conic Sections. Sections 9.2 to 9.5
Back to BJ's Page